Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Three.

30 Day Challenge
Day 03.
Your Favorite Television Program

DARIA
I remember coming home from school and looking forward to watching Daria on Friday (or maybe it was Thursday?) afternoons! I definitely didn't understand all the pop culture references back then, but I loved her. I've watched each episode, all six seasons probably 12 times now, I know pretty much all the words to the Daria Musical episode and each time I watch it, I find something new to laugh at. I remember going to Queensland and getting told off for not wanting to go out because Daria was on!

Favorite Character: Jane Lane
Favorite Episode: "Daria!" (Musical episode)


GILMORE GIRLS
Definitely love this show as I pretty much see my relationship with my mum with the closeness that Lorelai and Rory have. Even though my mum consume excessive amounts of coffee each day and I'm not your model academic daughter, I can relate to their lives and their relationship with each other. I love the fast-talking-ness of this show and all the pop culture references and of course the humour. Oh, and I will always love Logan and Rory together.

Favorite Character: Lane and Lorelai.
Favorite Episode: Kiss and Tell, Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days, The Long Morrow

THE O.C.
Yes, I STILL love The O.C.! And yes, I did buy those singlets from Supre that says "The O.C." and yes, my friends and I called each other "Cooper" and "Sum". I loved Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody and will always remember the line "Who are you?" "Whoever you want me to be." As unrealistic as some of the story lines can be, it is pretty much how Orange County is, or how privileged kids act. I'm glad Summer and Seth got married and was too in love with the show to care about Mischa Barton's acting skills. The only thing I loved more about the show was its killer soundtrack. But the one thing I hated was when "Lack of Colour" by Death Cab for Cutie was played on one of the episodes, every teenybopper all of a sudden thought they were top shit for listening to indie music!

Favorite Character: Seth and Summer.
Favorite Episode: The Heights, The Heartbreak, The Rainy Day Women

THE HILLS
Reality T.V. show is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Everyone says its pointless and unrealistic but I'm just so entertained by it! One of my favourite celebrities is Lauren Conrad and maybe the show IS staged, but I really do admire her. I think it's because I see a bit of myself in Lauren and I admire the fact that she has kept herself clean through her years in the limelight. She's worked hard to be where she is, and some part of me gets motivation from her. Plus, I love L.A.!

Favorite Character: Lauren and Whitney.
Favorite Episode: Paris Changes Everything; New City, New Drama


Other Favorites:
Sex and the City, Friends, Skins and Keeping up with the Kardashians.


- Jazmine 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment