Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Is omission, betrayal?" / Day Twenty Seven.

30 Day Blog Challenge.
Day 27.
Your Month In Great Detail


Once again, I'm posting up a blog by killing two birds with one stone. I know this month hasn't ended just yet, but with the new year that has just started, I have learnt so much already. This past week has been tough but a great learning experience.

As far as the "details" of how the past four weeks have been, I have finally graduated from the Academy and am now a fully qualified make up artist! This has been my greatest achievement so far in regards to my career and something that I'm ready to work towards. (Full details on my course will be saved for another blog post!) This month, I have also said goodbye to last year and say hello to a brand new beginning for 2012. I celebrated my graduation, spent time with friends that I have made and said goodbye to a friend that lives on the other side of the country.

Possibly the biggest "event" that has happened this past month is something quite personal and to be honest, disappointing. Anyone who has ever loved someone so much only to be extremely disappointed in something that they did will most likely relate. I found out that someone lied to me. Someone who I considered my best friend and more.

I used to always ask myself this question all the time, and for the longest time I had no answer but now I think I have a pretty clear answer for it.

"Is omission betrayal?"

When someone keeps something from you, is it a lie? Is it betrayal? Even if you didn't ask? Short answer - Yes.

I'm never one to write off someone very quick. I believe in second chances and I like to hear someone out. I analyse the answer and try to dig deep and see if the answer is legit. If you've done something wrong, the best thing to do is man up, swallow your pride and own up to your mistakes and rectify the problem. The truth will always come out, so there is no need to lie. Lying to someone will always cause you to hurt someone and lose their trust. Plus, I think people will appreciate your honesty.

Another thing about lying? Don't lie to yourself. People often have traits and personalities about themselves that they have but don't want to admit, but it's better if you do sometimes so you know how to fix it if you don't like it.

From this unpleasant experience, I've learnt a lot. I've admitted things to myself that I was always afraid of and realised that as much as the person who has done me wrong has to change, I do too.

All of this is probably so cryptic to the reader, but I'm sure you'll find a way to relate it to you somehow!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment